Thursday, January 10, 2013

Top 10 Books of 2012

1. Harry Potter 1-7 by J. K. Rowling
I tend to  re-read Harry Potter about once every year or so and no matter how much time passes by it will always be my favourite

2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
My main reason for reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower again is of course the movi which came out this year. I love them both, the movie and the book (& the soundtrack). 

3. Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown
Another one of my all time favourites and the last re-read on this list.

4.The Fault in our Stars by John Green
The first John Green novel I have ever read. It was so good that I got all the other books by John Green.

5. The Complete MAUS by Art Spiegelman
The best graphic novel I have ever read and a new & unique take on WW2.

6. A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
I had to read this for a class and am currently struggeling with a term paper about it. The book is still good tho.

7. Looking for Alaska by John Green
The second book by John Green I ever read and also my second favourite.

8. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
Ever since watching Melancholia I have a new found respect for Kirsten Dunst which made me watch both Bring it on and The Virgin Suicides. And while the first one impressed me a lot; the second one made me buy the book which was really great.

9. Alle sieben Wellen by Daniel Glattauer
I actually wrote a review about Love Virtually which is the the prequel to Alle Sieben Wellen. It is also the first post I have ever written.

10. Never Let Me Go Kazuo Ishiguro
I got this for Christmas and I love it. I read it in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment